6. Tightly secure the ends of the cord (figure 3, item 2) over the apex extractor-attaching loop (figure 3,
item 1) using a surgeon's knot and a locking knot with a knot in the running end.
7. Trim excess to approximately 1 inch long.
8. Attach the remaining extractor vent bridle lines (figure 3, item 3) in the same manner.
Figure 3. Attaching Extractor Vent Bridle Lines.
Attach the Reserve Risers to the Reserve Canopy
1. Place the reserve canopy and all components on the packing table.
2. Layout reserve canopy on a pack table with the suspension line-organizing card at the bottom of the
3. Extend the canopy to the opposite end of the pack table and temporarily secure the apex to the top of
the pack table by passing a packing loop (figure 4, item 1) through all of the vent loops (figure 4,
item 2). Attach the packing loop (figure 4, item 1) to the apex hook (figure 4, item 3).