Removing Turns/ Tangles/ Twists From Suspension Lines
To properly locate suspension lines, proceed as follows:
Suspension lines 1 thru 28 are divided into two groups, 1 thru 14 are in the left group and
15 thru 28 are in the right group.
1. Locate the top center gore of the canopy and divide the suspension lines into the left and right
2. Place a packing weight around the right group of lines and the right control line, and move the weight
toward the risers; check for turns, tangles and twists.
3. Remove turns, tangles and twists as follows (figure 5):
a. Turns. A turn occurs when one group of suspension lines rotates around the other group.
Figure 5. Removing Turns/ Tangles/ Twists From Suspension Lines.
(1) Remove the connector links from the tension plate and remove a turn by rotating the risers,
or pack, in the direction opposite to the direction of the turn.
(2) Reposition the connector links on the tension plate.
b. Tangles. To remove tangle(s), keep the two groups of lines separated and work the tangle(s) as
close to the connector links as possible. Remove connector links from the tension plate.
(1) Select the top line(s) that form the tangle and, with the left hand, lift the line(s) away from the
other lines (figure 6).