The connector links should be tightened finger tight plus 1/4-turn. Do not over tighten.
2. Inspect the risers (figure 6, item 1) to insure they are tacked with 1 turn doubled tape lacing and tying
to prevent the barrel nuts (figure 6, item 2) of the connector links (figure 6, item 3) from rotating into
the risers (figure 6, item 1).
Figure 6. Inspecting the Risers.
3. Place the pack tray under the risers (figure 7, item 1) with the connector snaps (figure 7, item 2)
located at the top flap. Ensure the gates of the connector snaps are facing downwards and the
butterfly portions of the connector snaps are facing outwards.
4. Evenly mate the hook and pile tape (figure 7, item 3) between the reserve riser plies.
5. Mate the hook and pile tape on the underside of the riser (figure 7, item 1) with the hook and pile tape
on the base of the pack tray (figure 7, item 4).
6. Partially S-fold the risers (2-stows) into the pack tray from lower to upper, outside to inside.