MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN CANOPY VENT LOOP
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Light-Heavy Duty (Item 58, WP
Unpacked. Canopy laid flat.
Thread, Nylon, Size 5, Type I, Class A (Item 49,
Any damage to vent loop, other than loose or broken stitches, will require complete
replacement of the vent loop.
Repair a vent loop requiring restitching as follows:
1. Use a light-heavy duty sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
2. Restitch over the original stitch pattern using nylon thread, size 5. Overstitch 1/2-inch to lock stitches.
Replace a missing or damaged vent loop (figure 1, item 1) as follows:
1. Cut a 12-inch length of webbing, nylon type VIII, olive drab (OD). Sear the ends of the webbing.
2. Pass one end of the webbing through all of the canopy vent lines (figure 1, item 2). Be sure to pass
through the two vent loop centering lines (figure 1, item 3).
3. Fold both ends 1-inch back and to the center (Figure 1, item 4). The ends will overlap forming a 2-
inch long fold (figure 1, item 5).
4. Begin at a point 1/4-inch from one overlapped webbing end. Use a heavy duty sewing machine to
secure the overlapped ends.
5. With thread nylon, size 5 cord, 301 stitch a 1-1/2-inch wide, single box X stitch, and 5-8 stitches per
inch (figure 1, item 6).