MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN CANOPY RADIAL SEAM
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Double Needle (Item 54, WP
Tape, Nylon, Type III, Class 1, 1/2- Inch Wide
Patching repairs the radial seam and/or radial tape. You may only have one radial splice per radial
radial seam/radial tape repair as follows:
1. Identify the damaged length of the radial tape.
2. Determine if any of the adjoining cloth is damaged and requires patching. If so, patch the adjoining
cloth prior to repairing the radial tape. See section of WP 0017 00 entitled "Applying a Miscellaneous
Canopy Patch" for parachute cloth patching details.
3. Determine the radial tape splice length by adding 7 inches to the damaged length.
4. Using the same type of material as in the original construction, measure mark and scissor cut the
5. Center the splice tape over the damaged area.
6. Turn both ends under 1/2-inch.
7. Sew into place stitching 3 inches past both ends of the splice.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0025 00-1/(2 Blank)