MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN CANOPY ATTACHMENT LOOP
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Bartack, 28 stitch (Item 51, WP
Webbing, Nylon, Bally #8962, 3/8-inch wide (Item
Replace a damaged attachment loop as follows:
1. Cut a replacement attachment loop 4 inches long with marks 1-inch from each end. Hot cut (sear)
the ends smooth.
2. Carefully cut the damaged attaching loop.
3. Slide the damaged attaching loop out of the larksheaded line while maintaining the larkshead.
4. Pin the line that is attached to the attachment loop so that it remains close and line continuity is
5. Remove the damaged attachment loop from the canopy by removing the two bartack stitch patterns
that secure the loop to the canopy. Clean the area by all loose pieces of thread.
6. Thread the replacement attachment loop through the larkshead in the end of the line.
7. Fold the new attachment loop in half aligning the two marks.
8. Place the new attachment loop over the canopy so that the canopy is sandwiched between the new
loop and the 1-inch mark aligns with the edge of the canopy forming a 1-inch loop that the line is
attached to. See figure 1.
9. Ensure that twists have not introduced to the line.