Figure 2. Marking All Four Corners and brake slot
Figure 3. Bartack Intersections On Cross Seam
opening of Extended Gore.
and Main Seam.
6. In the same manner as the original aft extended gore was positioned, align the forward upper corner
of the new extended gore with the forward upper inside corner of the open gore (on radial 6 or 23),
laying the reinforcement tape on top of the canopy cross seam for at least 4 inches beyond the
extended gore with the end folded under a minimum of 1/4-inch on both ends.
7. Using a single needle sewing machine and size E nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch, sew across
top moving from forward to aft.
Ensure that there are no twists in the extended gore.
8. Using a single needle sewing machine and size E nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch, sew across
bottom moving from forward to aft.
9. Pull light tension on the radial where the new extended gore is being attached.
10. Pin the new extended gore to the radial every 6 to 10 inches to evenly distribute the slack.
11. Start sewing at the top of the extended gore to the bottom of the extended gore.