MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN CANOPY CONTROL LINE LIMITER LOOP
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Bartack, 28 Stitch (Item 51, WP
There are four control line limiter loops. They are located inside the canopy just up from
the skirt, along radials 5, 7, 22 & 24.
Replace a damaged control line limiter loop as follows:
1. Turn the canopy inside-out.
2. Straighten the control line system ensuring that it is free and clear from all attachment points in the
canopy to the junction with the lower (red) control line. Ensure that there are no twists,
entanglements or knots.
3. Locate the damaged control line limiter loop.
4. Pin the control line limiter to the radial about 6 inches above the control line limit loop.
5. Remove the stitching from the control line limiter loop.
6. Unthread the damaged loop from the control limiter line.
7. Take a new control line limiter loop. Girth hitch the new loop to the control line limiter.
8. Remove any twists from the control line limiter and loop. Place the new loop in the same location as
the one removed.
9. Using a bartack sewing machine, place a bartack as close as possible to the base of the new control
line limiter loop (figure 1).