MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Screwdriver, Flat-tip, 1/4-in (Item 49, WP 0097
Sewing Machine, Medium Duty (Item 59, WP
Lay out on packing table or other suitable area.
Webbing, Nylon, Type I, 9/16-inch Wide, OD
Restitching. Restitch main risers using a light duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread that
contrasts the color of the original stitching and material when possible. Restitch directly over the original
stitch pattern as closely as possible with 7 to 11 stitches per inch. Lock each row of stitching two inches
at each end.
Repair a damaged riser assembly as follows:
1. Repairing a guide ring and a guide ring retaining strap. Repair is limited to replace. Replace a
damaged or missing guide ring and guide ring retainer strap as follows:
2. If applicable, remove the original guide ring retaining strap, from the riser by cutting the stitching
securing the strap to the riser.
3. Ensure the riser webbing is not damaged during the cutting process.
4. If required, replace the guide ring (reefing ring) with a serviceable item from stock.
5. Cut a 4-1/2-inch length of 9/16-inch wide, type 1, nylon webbing; sear the ends.
6. Fold the webbing and install a serviceable guide ring on the folded webbing according to the details
7. Secure the formed retraining strap with the guide ring, to the riser. Use medium duty sewing machine
and size E nylon thread, and refer to the illustrations below and Tables 1 and 2 in WP 0017 00, as a