MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN RISER GUIDE CHANNELS
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Screwdriver, Flat-tip, 1/4-inch (Item 49, WP 0097
Sewing Machine, Medium Duty (Item 59, WP
Lay out on packing table or other suitable area.
Tape, Nylon, Type Ill, Class 1, 1/2-inch wide
Repairing a damaged control line guide channel.
Restitching. Restitch main risers using a light duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread that
contrasts the color of the original stitching and material when possible. Restitch directly over the original
stitch pattern as closely as possible with 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
Replace a control line guide channel. Replace a damaged or missing control line guide channel by
fabricating as follows:
1. If applicable, remove the original control line guide channel from the riser by cutting the stitching and
securing the channel to the riser.
2. Cut a 5-inch length of 1-1/2-inch wide, Type III, nylon tape and sear the ends.
3. Make a 1/2-inch long fold-back on each end of the tape.
4. Secure each fold-back by making three rows of stitching across the tape width at a point 1/8-inch
back from the seared edged of the fold-back; lock the stitching ends back 1/2-inch.
5. Stitching will be made using a medium-duty sewing machine and size E, nylon thread; use details in
WP 0017 00, Table 2.
6. Position the stitched tape lengthwise on the riser in the original channel location IAW figure 1.
7. Form the control line channel by securing the tape to the riser with a single row of stitching made 1/8-
inch along each edge of tape.
8. Overstitch each end of the tape by 1/4-inch.
9. Refer to figure 1 to assist in the replacement of the control line guide channel.
10. The stitching will be made using the specifics in WP 0017 00.