REPLACE - continued
If fabric area around the original grommet has been damaged, repair area by applying a
reinforcement patch to the outside of flap. Use a 1-inch square of seared type II nylon webbing.
2. Remove stitching from the exposed side of the Type XII nylon webbing to remove the stiffener.
3. Insert a new stiffener. Using a medium duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread, 7 to 1 stitches
per inch, close the open side of the type XII nylon webbing locking the stitching along the binding
4. Insert barrel of replacement grommet through accommodating hole in the material and ensure
grommet flange is located on the same side of the material as original grommet.
5. Position grommet on the die with the barrel facing up and place washer over grommet barrel. Ensure
grommet barrel and washer are aligned to prevent off-center setting of grommet.
6. Using a punch and rawhide mallet or other non-steel impact device, spread grommet barrel by
hammering until barrel collar is rolled down smooth on washer.
7. If grommet barrel splits during hammering, remove and replace installed grommet with a serviceable
item from stock. Repeat the procedure in steps 4 and 5, above.
Figure 1. Main Pack Tray.
END OF WORK PACKAGE