MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
HARNESS SHOULDER PAD ASSEMBLY
Sewing Machine, Heavy Duty, Zig-Zag (Item 60,
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Bartack, 28 Stitch (Item 51, WP
Lay out on packing table or other suitable area.
Re-stitching. Re-stitch leg hip pad using a heavy duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread that
contrasts the color of the original stitching and material when possible. Re-stitch directly over the original
stitch pattern as closely as possible with 6 to 9 stitches per inch. Lock each row by stitching 2 inches from
1. Remove the stitching that holds the shoulder pad (figure 1, item 1) to the main lift web assembly.
2. Cut one end of the tape that is routed through sizing channel number 2 setting that secures the center
of shoulder pad (figure 1, item 1) to the main lift web.
3. Take a new shoulder pad (figure 1, item 1) and position under the main lift web of the harness,
ensure the hardware is facing up.
4. Route the sewn tape located in the center of the shoulder strap though sizing channel number 2
5. Sew tape to the shoulder strap (figure 1, item 1) using a bartack sewing machine, place a bartack so
that the stitch does not exceed the edges of the tape.
6. Align the top of the shoulder pad (figure 1, item 1) with the top of the sizing channel and sew the
binding of the shoulder pad to the main lift web using a heavy duty zig-zag sewing machine.
7. When sewing the bottom to the main lift web be sure to sew 1/2-inch below the bottom edge of the
sizing channel strap. Sew using a heavy duty zig-zag sewing machine.