REPAIR - continued
Patch Reserve Canopy Fabric
Refer to individual component/assembly repairs, replacement procedures, MAC, and WP 0017 00 with
the exception of the following rules:
1. 4-sided patches only with rounded or square corners.
2. Sections 1 through 3 (1.1oz material), maximum of 3 patches per section providing the area does not
exceed 50% of the section, any damage in excess of 50% will require a section replacement.
3. A repair to section 1 that requires patching against the lower lateral band will require that the patch
extend over the whole width of the lower lateral band and all rows of stitching in the lower lateral band
must be re-stitched across patch material.
4. Sections 4 & 5 (1.5 oz material), maximum of 1 patch per section providing the patch it is not within 1-
inch of a main seam. Damage closer than 1-inch to the main seam will require a section
5. No patch larger than 8-inch by 8-inch is authorized, any damage that requires a patch larger than 8-
inch by 8-inch will require a section replacement.
6. A section replacement will require removal of the stitching in the main seams and forming a French
Fold between the new material and existing material from the neighboring sections.
7. Canopy Scoop, maximum of 1 patch per scoop providing the area does not exceed 50% of the scoop,
any damage in excess of 50% will require a section replacement.
Patch the Reserve Canopy Mesh Area
The first hole that is less than 1-inch in diameter or length does not require repair. More
than one hole or damage in excess of 1-inch will require patching. A maximum of three
patches is authorized in the mesh section. Damage in excess of 50% of the section will
require a section replacement.
1. Invert the canopy on repair table and locate damaged section. Smooth the fabric around damaged
2. Measure damaged area. Cut a 4-sided patch that will extend at least 1-inch completely around
3. Center patch over damaged area and sew 1/4-inch from the raw edges around the patch using a light
duty sewing machine, size E nylon thread and 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
4. Turn canopy right side out.
5. Trim damaged area 1/4-inch to the inside of the stitching.
END OF WORK PACKAGE