MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
RESERVE CANOPY SUSPENSION LINE
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Bartack, 28 Stitch (Item 51, WP
Cord, Nylon, 650 lb., Color Natural, Class F (Item
Restitch Suspension Lines
Stitch removal requirements will vary according to the type of item being repaired. Due to
the unique type of stitch formations found on the T-11R, use of a stitch removal tool is
mandated when removing Bartack, Box X, or Double Box X stitch formations.
If bartack stitching requires repair, bartacks will be completely removed and a new bartack will be
replaced with the same stitch length and width.
Replace Reserve Canopy Suspension Line
1. Place canopy in proper layout.
2. Cut damaged line off the connector link. Cut the skirt hesitator tie located inside the canopy.
Remove suspension line (figure 1, item 1) from the canopy line-attaching loop (figure 1, item 2).
3. Align the new suspension line (figure 1, item 1) so that the cascade is closest to the canopy.
4. Attach a new suspension line (figure 1, item 1) to the canopy by passing one end through the
attaching loop (figure 1, item 2). Pass the other end through the opposite end of the suspension line
5. Pull tight forming a girth hitch. Make sure that the cascade is facing towards the inside of the canopy.