TEST - continued
3. If the 27-pound weight does not withdraw the ripcord pins and handle, remove the weight and
reinspect the ripcord pins and ripcord handle to ensure there are no bent pins. Ensure proper
alignment of the handle tuck tabs. Bent pins or misaligned tuck tabs can significantly increase the
ripcord withdrawal force. If ripcord pins and handle are serviceable, reseat the pins and tuck tabs and
conduct a retest.
4. The retest must be performed 5 times. Conduct retest by repacking the T-11R IAW WP 0016 00 and
repeat step 1.
5. Upon completion of the retest (5 iterations), if the 27-pound weight does withdraw the ripcord pins
and ripcord handle each of the 5 times, it passes the test.
6. If during any one of the 5 retest iterations the 27-pound weight does not withdraw the ripcord pins and
ripcord handle, then remove the T-11R assembly, replacement pack tray, or ripcord handle
(whichever is applicable), from service and follow instructions in step 7 below.
7. If the pack tray and ripcord handle are new (part of a T-11R assembly), or a new replacement pack
tray or handle, submit a PQDR for the new item.
8. If the T-11R passes both the 14- and 27-pound ripcord pull test, repack the T-11R IAW WP 0016 00.
9. Annotate completion of this test (test conducted, name of tester, date completed) on the notes page
of the parachute log record book (DA Form 3912).
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0071 00-3/(4 Blank)