MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
Sewing Machine, Light Duty (Item 56, WP 0097
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Wrench, Adjustable, 8-inch (Item 71, WP 0097
Lay out on packing table or other suitable area.
Restitching. Restitch reserve risers using a light duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread that
contrasts the color of the original stitching and material when possible. Restitch directly over the original
stitch pattern as closely as possible with 7 to 11 stitches per inch. Lock each row of stitching 2 inches at
Repair Reserve Risers
Refer to WP 0073 00, Replacement of Reserve Riser Hook and Pile Fastener Tape.
Remove Reserve Risers from the Reserve Canopy
Risers must be replaced in pairs.
1. Place the reserve canopy and all components on the packing table.
2. Remove tacking (figure 1, item 1) from each riser (figure 1, item 2).
3. Using and 8-inch adjustable wrench, completely open barrel nuts (figure 1, item 3) on each
connector link (figure 1, item 4) being careful not to loose control of the suspension lines.
4. Rotate each connector link (figure 1, item 4) sideways on the short portion.
5. Remove reserve risers (figure 1, item 2).