REPLACE - continued
Replace Lower Elastic Riser Stow Bar
1. Using a stitch removal tool, carefully remove the stitching securing the inner panel to the pack tray
(figure 2, item 1) enough to where you can access the lower elastic riser stow bar (figure 2, item 2).
(Approximately 4 inches up each side and across the entire bottom).
2. Remove the three sets of stitches securing the internal frame to the pack tray.
3. Mark location of the bartacks (figure 2, item 3) for the elastic riser stow bar. Remove the damaged
elastic riser stow bar.
4. Cut a 15-1/2-inch length of elastic webbing. Fold one edge under 1/2-inch and bartack to the outside
mark on the inner panel with size E nylon thread. The running end should lie across the pack tray.
Bartack the elastic riser stow bar at marks folding the opposite end under 1/2-inch. (Once the elastic
riser stow bar has been replaced the bartacks will show through the pack tray).
5. Resew the inner panel to the pack tray using a medium duty sewing machine and size E nylon
thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
6. Resew the three sets of stitching securing the internal frame in place with three rows of straight stitch
using size E nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
0077 00-3/(4 Blank)