MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
RESERVE PACK TRAY WAISTBAND LOOPS
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Bartack, 28 Stitch (Item 51, WP
Webbing, Nylon, Type XVII (Item 61, WP 0109
Lay out on packing table or other suitable area.
During repair, ensure that the elastic riser stow bar is not sewn over.
1. Remove broken stitching threads.
2. Sew waistband loop using a bartack sewing machine in the original stitch position.
Replace Waistband Loops
1. Remove damaged waistband loop (figure 1, item 1).
2. Using a hot knife cut a 3-1/2-inch length of Type XVII nylon webbing.
3. Place the new waistband loop over the area where the damaged waistband loop was removed and
bartack in place using size E nylon thread. Insure no stitches are placed into the elastic riser stow
4. Stitch over the suspension line stow loop bartack. Bartacks will show through the pack tray once