DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN CANOPY REINFORCING TAPE
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Double Needle (Item 54, WP
Sewing Machine, Light Duty (Item 56, WP 0097
Sewing Machine, Bartack, 28 Stitch (Item 51, WP
Tape, Nylon, Type III, Class 1, 1/2-inch wide
Replace a damaged reinforcement tape when more that 50% of the tape is damaged.
When less than 50% of the tape is damaged REPAIR IAW WP 0026 00.
Replace a missing or damaged reinforcement tape as follows:
1. Identify the damaged reinforcement tape.
2. Determine if any of the adjoining cloth is damaged and requires patching. If so, patch or replace the
adjoining panel prior to replacing the reinforcement tape.
3. Carefully remove the damaged reinforcement tape. Where the reinforcement tape is sewn into the
radial, cut the tape flush with the radial.
4. Remove loose or broken stitching.
5. Scissor cut a length of 1/2-inch nylon type III tape that extends 1/2-inch beyond both radial tapes.
6. Fold the new reinforcement tape ends under 1/2-inch. Pin in place with the ends extending over the
7. Using a double needle sewing machine with size E nylon thread, sew the new reinforcement tape in
place. Backstitch both ends at least 1/2-inch.
8. Using a bartack sewing machine and size E nylon thread, place bartacks at the junction of the
reinforcement tape and the radial.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0090 00-1/(2 Blank)