Use of the table: Find the column for the elevation of
(8) Extend lanyard over edge of fuze and
the target area above sea level. In this column, find the
secure with a 15 1/2-inchstrip of tape to outside of fuze
line for the altitude of the aircraft above sea level. On
case, leaving lanyard loop and swivel snaphook just
this line, find the fuze setting in the left hand column.
above edge of fuze (D, fig. 2-1), in line with yellow-
tagged key ring on safety clip.
(9) Replace plastic cap, holding lanyard
1. Elevation of target area 4,000 feet,
desired aircraft altitude 10,000 feet-set fuze for 3,000
(10) Coil remainder of lanyard around outer
container (B, fig. 2-2) and secure swivel eye to case
2. Elevation of target area 1,000 feet,
desired aircraft altitude 15,500 feet-set fuze for 12,000
(11) Using grease pencil, mark ejection fuze
setting on case.
Figure 2-2. Replacing plastic cap and securing lanyard to case.