2-3. Flare Dispenser XM19
(3) If flare has been hooked up for launch,
assure that lanyard swivel snaphook is disconnected
from safety clip key ring.
a. Installation of Jettison Assembly.
counterclockwise to SAFE position.
(1) Assure that nitrogen cylinder has not been
(5) Examine flare for damage.
fired inadvertently. Assure that seal is not broken and
authorized disposal personnel for disposal of damaged
valve pin is not protruding (fig. 17).
(6) Remove tape securing lanyard to case
and uncoil lanyard.
If seal is broken and valve pin
(7) Remove tape securing lanyard to fuze.
(8) Install lanyard retainer and recoil lanyard
inside of fuze well; replace plastic cap.
(9) Remove or block out fuze setting marked
(2) Mount track plate on helicopter floor with
on outer case with grease pencil.
safety valve end facing right side of helicopter as
(10) Repack serviceable flares in containers.
Replace tape on containers. Use repacked flares first in
(a) Mate snap-on fittings to tiedown
points indicated in figures 2-5 and 2-6.
Figure 2-5. Diagram showing mounting points for securing
truck plate to floor of helicopter models UH-1B and UH-1C.