Section II. OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS
2-5. General-Mk 45 Mod 0 and Mk 45 Mod 0 with
(2) Assure that a safety pin is present in each
Operation of flare under unusual conditions is the same
as under normal conditions, with the following exception:
During operation in Arctic environments, preparation
procedures must be accomplished in warm structure to
b. Launching When Dispenser is Inoperable or
facilitate fuze setting and taping procedures.
extremely cold temperatures, the ejection dial indicator
may become frozen in place, making setting difficult.
(1) Attach static line XM164 to cargo tiedown
2-6. Mk 45 Mod 0 with Adapter
(2) Attach free end of static line to flare pull
a. Procedure for Removing Flares When Dispenser
Becomes Inoperable In Flight.
(3) Remove safety pin from fuze and retain
for reinsertion if flare is not launched.
(1) Disengage pull cable assembly disk
Figure 2-14. Disengaging pull cable assembly from dispenser assembly.