ARMY TM 10-1670-281-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-32-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-32
removed or separated from a parachute, and especially a packed parachute, except as directed by the local air
delivery equipment maintenance activity officer. A log record which is illegible, lost, damaged, soiled, or
precludes further entries due to lack of space will be replaced upon the next repack or inspection, as applicable,
with a serviceable item from stock.
e. Installing Attaching Tie. Install attaching tie as follows:
(1) Cut a 30-inch length of ticket No. 5 waxed cotton thread and double the thread length.
(2) Pass the looped end of the double thread length around the centerfold of the log record and form a
sliploop on the outside at the log record top (A, figure 2-1).
(3) Pass the thread length running ends through the comer attaching hole from the front cover of the log
record (B, figure 2-1) and insure the running ends are routed over that part of the thread length
located along the log record centerfold (C, figure 2-1).
(4) Complete the attachment tie by making a half hitch on top of the slip loop made in (2), above.
(5) Thread one running end of the log record attachment tie (D, figure 2-1) in a tacking needle and pass
the tacking needle with attached thread end through the edge binding of the applicable parachute log
record/inspection data pocket.
(6) Remove the thread end from the tacking needle and make a finished 10-inch-long record attaching
loop by securing the two thread together with an overhand knot.
(7) Insert the log record into the pocket and secure the record within the pocket using the pocket flap
and applicable type flap fastener.