ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
2-25. Lower Lateral Band (CONT).
b. Damage Extending Into Radial Seam. Repair as follows (see figure 2-87).
Figure 2-87. Lower Lateral Band Splicing Details - Damage Extending Into Radial Seam.
(1) Cut stitching of suspension lines, V-tabs, and pocket bands at damaged radial seam on each side of
damaged area. Move these Items to one side.
(2) Invert canopy and smooth canopy around damaged area.
(3) Cut a piece of 1 -inch tubular nylon tape long enough to extend 6 inches beyond outside edge of
radial seam on each side of damaged area. Sear or dip ends of webbing.
(4) Position webbing on damaged area. Using a light duty sewing machine and size E, nylon thread,
sew webbing in place with four continuous rows of stitching, 7 to 11 stitches per Inch. Overstitch
ends of webbing 2 inches.
(5) Reposition suspension lines, V-tabs, and pocket bands, and sew in place according to original
c. Stitching and Restitching. Stitch and restitch with nylon thread, size E, which matches the color of the
original stitching when possible Lock all straight stitching by back stitching at least 1/2 inch. Restitch
directly over the original stitching Follow the original stitch patten as closely as possible.