ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
2-27. V-Tabs (CONT).
(4) Remove damaged V-tab by cutting stitching that holds tab to lower lateral band and suspension line.
Cut the stitching that holds the suspension line to the lower lateral band (figure 2-90).
Figure 2-90. Inside View With Stitching Cut.
(5) Center new tab lengthwise under suspension line, even with lower edge of lower lateral band. Wrap
tab tightly around line, forming a V on inside of lower lateral band. Handtack tab to inside of lower
lateral band (A, figure 2-91).
(6) Pull suspension line up through V-tab, and to one side (B, figure 2-91).
(7) Sew V-tab to Inside of lateral band with both straight and zig-zag stitching (C, figure 2-91). Use
nylon thread, size E. Hold suspension line aside while sewing V-tab.
(8) Turn canopy right side out, and reposition suspension line, making certain mark, step (3) above, is
even with lower edge of lower lateral band.
(9) Using a zig-zag sewing machine and nylon thread, size E, sew suspension line in place. Begin
stitching 1/4 inch below V-tab (D, figure 2-91) and use 7 to 11 stitches per inch.