ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
C-5. Explanation of Columns (Section IV) (CONT).
(3) Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
Fig. column This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers m this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of
each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used
to Identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) Part number column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by
means of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify
an item or range of items.
(3) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
Identified In the part number and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) Fig column. This column lists the number of the figure where the Item Is identified/ located in
Section II and III.
(5) Item column The item number is that number assigned to the Item as it appears in the figure
referenced in adjacent figure number column.
C-6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group or subfunctional group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for functional groups and subfunctional
groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the functional group or subfunctional group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number of the item.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the line item entry for the item number
noted on the figure.