TM 10-1670-272-23&P 0019 00
MC1-1B/MC1-1E TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
THIS TASK COVERS:
Knife (Item 13, WP 0044 00)
Needle, Basting (Item 18, WP 0044 00)
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty (Table 1, WP 0012 00)
Shears (Item 28, WP 0044 00)
Cloth, Parachute, Nylon, 1.1-oz. (Item 11, WP 0057 00)
Thread, Cotton, 24/4 (Item 52, WP 0057 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 53/56, WP 0057 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size A (Item 55, WP 0057 00)
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Parachute canopy laid out on table.
Group No. 01, MAC (WP 0047 00)
Patching repairs the radial seam. There is no limit to the length of a miscellaneous patch made on a
canopy radial seam. In addition, a radial seam may be patched on both the inside and the outside of a
canopy, as required. Patch a damaged radial seam as follows:
1. Place the canopy on a repair table with the damaged side of the radial seam facing up.
2. As required, cut the applicable stitching to remove or lay aside items that may interfere with the
3. Smooth the canopy material surrounding the damaged area and secure the undamaged portion of the
seam to the table with pushpins. Do not pin the damaged area of the seam.
4. Using the same type material as in the original canopy construction, cut a rectangular patch
3½-inches wider and 4-inches longer than the damaged area. If one piece of material is not long
enough to achieve the cited size, join additional pieces of cut material with ½-inch-wide lapped seams.
5. Fold the patch material lengthwise and align the raw edges.
6. Center and secure the radial seam patch material over the damaged area with pushpins. Fold-under
½-inch on each side of the new patch material and secure each side with pins.
7. Fold-under 1-inch at each end of the new patch material and secure with pins. Baste both sides of the
new patch to the canopy using the procedures in WP 0012 00.