ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
2-36. Deployment Bag Main Strap (cont).
Figure 2-76 . Main Strap Splicing Details .
b. Replacement. Replace a main strap which is damaged beyond repair by fabricating as follows:
(1) Cut and remove the stitching which secures the tie loop main strap on bag outside, stitching securing
attaching loop bag inside, and stitching which secures suspension line protector flap to deployment
bag body. Retain two loops and protector flap for further use, if serviceable.
(2) Cut stitching which secures damaged main strap to deployment bag body and remove original strap.
(3) Cut a 42 1/4-inch length of 1-inch cotton webbing and wax ends (para. 2-18).
(4) Position webbing length in original strap location and secure webbing by stitching according to
original construction details and details in figure 2-77. Use a light duty sewing machine and size E
nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
(5) If serviceable, reinstall original tie loop, attaching loop, and suspension line protector flap removed in
(1), above, by stitching according to original construction details (figure 2-77). However, if any of the
items require repair or replacement, refer to appropriate paragraph.