ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code
which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer, (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item
by means of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the number listed.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g., Phy Sec
C1 (C)-Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S)-Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T)-Top-Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (reference paragraph 4, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List Section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipment supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for a
given figure in both Section II.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A "V" appearing in this column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and may
vary from application to application.
C-4. Special Information.
a. The "Usable on code" title appears in the lower left corner of column (5). Usable on codes are shown
in the left-hand margin of the description column. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.