ARMY TM 10-1670-276-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-29-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-29
2-28. Pocket Band.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 5, Appendix B
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Knife, Hot Metal, Item 6, Appendix B
Cleaned (paragraph 2-12)
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag, Item 14, Appendix B
Unpacked, laid flat on repair table
Yardstick, Item 20, Appendix B
Pencil, Marking Aid, Item 21/22, Appendix D
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 33/34, Appendix D
Tape, Nylon, Type III, 3/4 inch, Item 28, Appendix D
a. Repair. Stitch and restitch (para 2-17) with size E nylon thread which matches the color of the original stitching,
when possible. Lock all zig-zag stitching by overstitching at least 1/2 inch. Restitch directly over the original stitch
pattern, following the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
b. Replacement. Replace an unserviceable pocket band by fabricating as follows.
(1) Using a suitable marking aid, mark canopy at each end of original pocket band.
(2) Cut stitching on both ends of the original pocket band and remove pocket band from canopy skirt
(3) Cut an 8-inch length of 3/4-inch wide nylon tape, sear ends (para 2-19)
(4) Position tape length in original pocket band location.
(5) Using a zig-zag sewing machine and size E nylon thread, secure each end of replacement pocket band with
a two-inch long, 1/4-inch wide row of stitching. Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch (figure 2 51).