TM 10-1670-277-23&P 0052 00
DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
28-FOOT DIAMETER CARGO EXTRACTION PARACHUTE
THIS TASK COVERS:
Aid, Splicing (Item 1, WP 0056 00)
Knife (Item 5, WP 0056 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 6, WP 0056 00)
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag (Item 23, WP 0056 00)
Yardstick (Item 26, WP 0056 00)
Marker, Felt-Tip, Black (Item 13, WP 0065 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 30/31, WP 0065 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size FF (Item 32/33, WP 0065 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size 3 (Item 24/25, WP 0065 00)
Webbing, Nylon, Tubular, ¾-IN., Natural (Item 38, WP 0065 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Cleaned (WP 0008 00).
Inspected (WP 0009 00).
Unpacked, laid flat on repair table.
Replace a damaged suspension line by fabricating as follows:
Two methods of stitching are used when replacing a damaged
suspension line. The stitching used when performing this function will
match those used in the original construction of the parachute.
1. Place the canopy in proper layout on a repair surface, apply partial tension to the suspension lines and
trace the damaged suspension line from the connector link assembly to the suspension line attaching
loop at the canopy skirt.
2. Remove the affected suspension line by cutting the loop formed on each end of the line length.
3. Sear one end of a length of ¾-inch wide tubular nylon webbing.
4. Pass the seared webbing end through the applicable suspension line attaching loop, make an overhand
knot and draw the knot snug. Allow sufficient length on the knotted webbing loose end for a 6-inch
foldback. Temporarily secure the foldback.
5. Draw the webbing length toward the applicable suspension line connector link and apply tension on the
webbing equal to that of the adjacent suspension line. Allowing sufficient length to apply an overhand
knot and a 6-inch foldback on the connector link, cut and sear the webbing.
6. Pass the webbing end through the connector link, make an overhand knot and draw the knot snug.
Temporarily secure the foldback.
7. Release suspension line tension and move the canopy assembly to a sewing machine table.