ARMY TM 10-1670-278-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-26-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-27
2.30. Pocket Band.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 1, Appendix B
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
Pot, Melting, Electric, Item 9,
Shears, Item 10, Appendix B
Sewing Machine, Light Duty, Item 12,
Inspected, Paragraphs 2-9, 2-13
Cleaned, Paragraph 2-12
Unpacked, laid flat on repair table
Tape, Nylon, Type 111I, 3/4 inch,
Item 23, Appendix D
Group No. 01, MAC, Section II,
Thread, size E, Item 27128, Appendix D
Marker, Black Ink, Item 13, Appendix D
a. Repair. Stitch and restitch (para 2-18) with size E thread which matches the color of original stitching, when
possible. Lock all zig-zag stitching by overstitching at least 1/2-inch. Restitch directly over the original stitching,
following the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
b. Replacement. Replace an unserviceable pocket band by fabricating as follows:
(1) Using a marking aid, mark canopy at each end of original pocket band.
(2) Cut stitching on both ends of the original pocket band and remove pocket band from canopy skirt.
(3) Cut an 8 112-inch length of 314-inch wide nylon tape, sear ends (para 2-19).
(4) Position tape length in original pocket band location.
(5) Using a light-duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread, secure each end of the replacement pocket
band by stitching a 2-inch long, single-x box stitch formation with two double ends, 1/8-inch in from each
edge according to details in figure 2-45. Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch.