ARMY TM 10-1670-278-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-26-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-27
2-23. Vent Lines.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 1, Appendix B
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
Pot, Melting, Electric, Item 9, Appendix B
Shears, Item 10, Appendix B
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag, Item 13, Appendix B
Yardstick, Item 20, Appendix B
Inspected, Paragraphs 2-9, 2-13
Cleaned, Paragraph 2-12
Unpacked, canopy in proper layout
Cord, Nylon, Type IV, Item 9, Appendix D
Marker, Black, Item 13, Appendix D
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Items 27128,
Group No. 01, MAC, Section II,
a. Repair. Repair vent lines requiring restitching as follows:
(1) Use a zig-zag sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
(2) Restitch over original stitch pattern using nylon thread, size E. Overstitch 1/4inch to lock stitches.
Replacement of vent lines is accomplished at intermediate (DS) maintenance level
only, in accordance with the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), Appendix B.
b. Replacement. Replace missing or damaged vent lines as follows:
(1) Place canopy in proper layout on table and trace damaged vent line from end to end. Using marker,
mark canopy at each end of vent line.
(2) Remove damaged vent line by cutting stitching that holds line to canopy at both sides of vent.
(3) Cut a 20-inch length of type IV, coreless nylon cord. Sear or dip ends of cord (para 2-19).
(4) Position one end of new vent line in exact location formerly occupied by end of old line (figure 2-36).