TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0037 00
100-FOOT DIAMETER CARGO PARACHUTE
THIS TASK COVERS:
File (Item 6, WP 0050 00)
Mallet (Item 12, WP 0050 00)
Pliers, Lineman (Item 15, WP 0050 00)
Set, Chuck and Die (Item 19, WP 0050 00)
Sewing Machine, Medium-Duty (Item 23, WP 0050 00)
Cloth, Abrasive (Item 2, WP 0059 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 41/42, WP 0059 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Cleaned. (WP 0008 00)
Inspected. (WP 0009 00)
WP 0014 00
1. Repair grommet as follows:
2. Remove burrs, rough spots, rust, or corrosion from an installed grommet by filing or by buffing with a
3. Reseat a loose grommet using the procedures listed in the REPLACE procedures detailed below.
4. If fabric area around original grommet has been damaged, repair area by darning using darning
procedures in WP 0014 00, SEWING PROCEDURES. If darning does not provide an adequate repair,
construct a 2 ¾ by 2 ¾-inch reinforcement cloth and fold under ½-inch on all sides.
5. After removing original grommet (use the procedures detailed in REPLACE, below), sew cloth to inside
with size E nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch, one row of stitches 1/8-inch from outside edge and the
second row 3/8-inch from outside edge.
Outside dimensions given after ½-inch fold under on all sides.