TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0038 00
100-FOOT DIAMETER CARGO PARACHUTE
DEPLOYMENT BAG LOCKING STOW LOOP
THIS TASK COVERS:
Knife (Item 7, WP 0050 00)
Pot, Melting, Electric (Item 16, WP 0050 00)
Shears (Item 25, WP 0050 00)
Sewing Machine, Medium-Duty (Item 23, WP 0050 00)
Yardstick (Item 26, WP 0050 00)
Marking, Aid (Item 21/22, WP 0059 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size 6 (Item 39, WP 0059 00)
Wax, Paraffin (Item 43, WP 0059 00)
Webbing, Cotton, Type VIII, OD, 1 ¾-IN. Wide (Item 45, WP 0059
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Cleaned. (WP 0008 00)
Inspected. (WP 0009 00)
Laid out on work table.
WP 0014 00, WP 0015 00
Stitch and restitch broken or loose stitching with size 6 nylon thread, which matches the color of the original
stitching. Lock all straight stitching by backstitching at least ½-inch. Restitch directly over the original
stitching following the original stitch pattern as closely as possible. Stitch according to WP 0014 00, SEWING
Replace damaged locking stow loops on the cotton bag by fabricating as follows:
Replacement of locking stow loops on the nylon bag is not authorized.
1. Cut and remove the stitching which secures the original loop webbing length between points 1-inch back
from the edge of the suspension line protector flap.
2. Remove the original locking stow loops by cutting the loop webbing length at the points specified in
3. Cut a 20 1/8-inch length of 1 ¾-inch wide, type VIII cotton webbing and wax the ends (WP 0015 00,
SEARING AND WAXING).
4. Using a suitable marking aid, mark the webbing length at points 2 5/8, 9 5/8, 11 5/8, and 18 5/8-inches from
5. Between the 2 5/8- and 9 5/8-inch marks, roll ½-inch of each webbing edge into the center of the webbing
width and allow the webbing edges to overlap.