TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0008 00
a. Dissolve one-half cup of dishwashing compound in one-gallon of warm water.
b. Rub soiled area with a clean cloth dampened with solution of dishwashing compound.
c. Rinse cleaned area by repeating rubbing process with a clean portion of cloth dampened with fresh,
Do not dry fabric items in direct sunlight or by laying an item on the
DRYING FABRIC ITEMS
Dry fabric items as follows:
1. Suspend or elevate item in a well-ventilated room or in a heated drying room.
2. Using electric circulating fans may reduce drying time.
3. When heat is used, the heat temperature shall not exceed 160F (71C). Preferred temperature is 140F
CLEANING METAL ITEMS
Clean metal items as follows:
Use care not to damage the adjacent fabric materials.
1. Remove burrs, rough spots, rust or corrosion from metal items by filing with a metal file or by buffing and
polishing with abrasive cloth.
Shield adjacent fabric material before spraying solid film lubricant.
2. Spray metal item with a solid film lubricant and allow to air dry for 24-hours.
A small amount of lubricant will not damage fabric, but may cause
discoloration and make fabric appear soiled.