(1) All ribs except the outer ribs have oval shaped crossports cut into them to allow span wise
airflow. The outer ribs and alternating ribs through the canopy (eight) have load distributing
tapes and attachment loops for suspension line attachment.
(2) The suspension lines are connected to alternate ribs at four chordwise attachment points on
each rib. The lines attached to the leading edge are identified as the A lines. The lines
attached aft of the A lines are the B lines, and so on to the D lines. The lines attached to the
trailing edge are the control lines. Each set of lines along each rib (A, B, C, D) are identified
numerically, 1 through 8.
(3) The center A and B lines are continuous (lines 4A, 4B, 5A, and 5B). They run directly from
the fourth A line attachment point down to and around the front left connector link, and up to
the fourth B line attachment point. The fifth A and B lines run similarly from the fifth B line
attachment point down to and around the front right connector link and up to the fifth B line
(4) Lines other than the forward center lines are cascaded to points beneath the canopy. The A
lines are attached directly to one of the front two connector links. The B lines are connected
to their associated A lines at a point below the canopy. The C lines run directly to one of the
two rear connector links, and the D lines are attached to their associated C lines in the same
way that the B lines are connected to the A lines. This cascaded method of construction
reduces weight, volume, and aerodynamic drag and also contributes to structural integrity.
(5) Two control lines controlled at the risers are used to maneuver the canopy. Each control line
is formed by attaching five cascaded lines from the trailing edge of the canopy into one main
control line. Each control line then runs directly to the back of the rear risers.
(6) A stabilizer panel is attached to each outboard side of the canopy.
b. Slider. The slider, used for reefing, is made of Type I nylon, is dome shaped, and measures 27
by 28-inches. All sides are reinforced with Type XII webbing. No. 8 grommets are installed at
c. Connector Links. Four barrel-nut style stainless steel connector links are used to connect the
suspension lines to risers.
Only No. 6 Stainless Steel Connector Links Are Authorized.