TM 10-1670-292-23&P 0026 00
MC1-1C/MC1-1D TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
THIS TASK COVERS:
Control line laid out on table.
Knife (Item 13, WP 0042 00)
Knife, Hot, Metal (Item 14, WP 0042 00)
Pot, Melting, Electric (Item 24, WP 0042 00)
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag (Table 1, WP 0012 00)
Shears (Item 28, WP 0042 00)
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Beeswax (Item 2, WP 0055 00)
Cord, Nylon, Type II (Item 14, WP 0055 00)
Reefing Ring (Item 32, WP 0055 00)
Thread, Nylon (Item 49/52, WP 0055 00)
Tape, Masking, 1-Inch (Item 39, WP 0055 00)
Dowel, Hardwood, 5/8-in. Diameter (Item 17, WP
Group No. 01, MAC (WP 0045 00)
Stitch and restitch with size E, nylon thread that is contrasting in color to the material. Restitch over the
Replace an unserviceable control line by fabricating as follows:
1. Place the canopy in proper layout on a repair surface and apply partial tension to the suspension lines.
2. Trace the applicable control line from the toggle to the control line bridle.
3. Remove the toggle from the control line bottom end.
4. Cut and remove the control line top end from the reefing ring through which the control line bridle
5. Cut a 28½-foot length of type II, nylon cord, for use as a control line and wax the ends.
6. Make a mark at a point 4½-inches from one end of the cord length. Make a second mark at a point
1¼-inches above the first mark.
7. Pass the marked end of the cord length through the original control line reefing ring, located on the
control line bridle, until the reefing ring is located between the two marks. Fold the cord length
marked end back and align the two marks.