TM 10-1670-292-23&P 0029 00
(5) Stitch the static line in place with a 4-inch static line stitch formation; use a heavy-duty sewing
machine, size 6, nylon thread, and 5 to 8 stitches per inch.
The finished length of static line will be between 14-feet, 5¾-inches
and 14-feet, 9¾-inches.
(6) Fabricate and attach a new safety pin and lanyard in accordance with instructions listed in the
REPAIR procedure, above.
(7) Remove an unserviceable deployment bag and replace it with a serviceable one from stock.
11. Standard Static line extension.
a. Repair. Repair the static line extension safety pin and lanyard as follows:
(1) Remove damaged lanyard or safety pin by cutting lanyard or untying knots securing the
lanyard to the static line.
(2) Cut a 5-inch length of 0.080-inch diameter corrosion resistant steel wire and construct a new
safety pin as previously shown in this WP.