TM 10-1670-292-23&P 0037 00
DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
MC1-1C/MC1-1D TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
0037 00-1/(2 Blank)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Needle, Tacking (Item 19, WP 0042 00)
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag (Table 1, WP 0012 00)
Shears (Item 28, WP 0042 00)
Webbing, Nylon, Type I (Item 62, WP 0055 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 49/52, WP 0055 00)
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Parachute canopy laid out on table.
1. Place canopy in proper layout on repair table or repair surface; apply partial tension to suspension
2. Trace damaged radial tape from the canopy skirt, through the radial seam channel, to the canopy
3. Cut the stitching that holds the vent line and the radial tape to the upper lateral band and radial seam;
lay next to the end of the vent line.
4. Cut the stitching that holds the suspension line and radial tape to the lower lateral band and the radial
seam; lay it next to the end of the suspension line. Do not remove the damaged radial tape at this
5. Tack the end of the new radial tape to the end of the damaged radial tape at the upper lateral band.
6. Grasp the end of the damaged radial tape, at the lower lateral band, and pull the old tape through the
radial seam channel until the new tape appears at the lower lateral band. Relieve the tension from the
7. Cut the old tape from the new tape at the tacking. Hand tack the ends of the new radial tape in place,
at the upper and lower lateral bands, after taking appropriate measurement of the adjacent tape.
8. Cut the ends of the new tape at the outside edges of the upper and lower lateral bands. Reposition
the ends of the vent line and suspension line; sew in place according to the original construction.
END OF WORK PACKAGE