(7) Handle strap. The handle, adapter, and running end portions of the handle strap may be replaced.
(a) Handle portion (1). Replace damaged handle portion of handle strap as follows:
1. Remove cable and conduit assembly (2), lowering line (3), and quick-release retaining loops (4).
2. Remove handle (1) by cutting webbing along edge of harness (5).
3. Fabricate new handle according to details in Appendix E.
4. Position replacement handle on harness, and sew using size 3 thread, 5 to 8 stitches per inch and
a type HD sewing machine.
5. Replace quick-release retaining loops (4) according to original construction. Replace cable and
conduit (2) assembly.