d. To replace the hook and pile fastener, proceed as follows:
(1) Remove damaged piece of hook or pile tape.
(2) Cut a 2 inch length of hook tape.
(3) Cut a 4 inch length of pile tape.
(4) Place a mark 3/8 inch and 2 3/8 inches from the retainer binding on the folded loop side of the 1 inch
wide lowering line (1).
(5) With hook side facing up, position the 2 inch hook tape between the 3/8 and 2 3/8 inch markings. Stitch
with a single box stitch using size E thread, 7 to 9 stitches per inch and an HD sewing machine.
(6) Place a mark 1 inch from the binding edge on the pile flap retainer at the folded loop end of the lowering
(7) With the pile side facing up, position edge of 4 inch pile tape on 1 inch marking with opposite end
extending over binding edge. Stitch with a single box stitch using size E thread, 7 to 9 stitches per inch and an HD