ELECTRONIC TEST CHAMBER ASSEMBLY, MODEL 453
OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
FALL RATE TEST
16. When ALTITUDE DWELL indicator (6) stops flashing, set AR2 JUMP/OFF switch to JUMP.
17. Press FALL switch (9). Position AR2 JUMP/OFF switch to OFF.
18. At first altitude reading below 11,500 feet, start timer and record altitude.
19. At first altitude below 9500 feet, stop timer and record altitude.
20. Difference between two altitude readings divided by the time equals the fall rate.
21. Press GO TO ALT AND DWELL switch (7). Wait until ALTITUDE DWELL indicator (6) stops
22. Set AR2 JUMP/OFF switch to JUMP; press FALL switch (9).
23. Set AR2 JUMP/OFF switch to OFF; observe and record fall rate on FALL RATE (FT/SEC)
display (17) at approximately 10,500 feet.
24. Repeat step 2 using 62.5 0.5 ft/sec.
25. Repeat steps 15 through 23.
26. Neither the calculated fall rate nor the displayed fall rate may differ from the set rate by more
than 2 ft/sec for any of the four tests.
27. If no other tests are to be performed, follow shut down after testing procedures at the end of
this work package.