STORAGE SPECIFICS FOR PARACHUTES
In addition to the storage requirements stipulated in the general storage requirements paragraph on the
previous page, the following is a list of specifics that must be enforced when storing parachutes:
1. Except for those assemblies required for contingency operation, parachutes will not be stored in a
2. Stored parachute assemblies will be secured from access by unauthorized personnel.
3. A parachute that is in storage, and is administered a cyclic repack and inspection, will not be exposed
to incandescent light or indirect sunlight for a period of more than 36 hours. In addition, exposure to
direct sunlight will be avoided entirely.
1. General Information. An in-storage inspection is a physical check conducted on a random sample of
parachutes that are located in storage.
2. Intervals. The MC-6 in-storage will be inspected at least once every 180 calendar days and at more
frequent intervals if prescribed by the local parachute maintenance officer.
3. Inspection. Inspect to ensure that the parachute is ready for issue.
4. Check the parachute for proper identification.
6. Ensure that all modifications or similar requirements have been completed.
7. Check the adequacy of the storage facilities, efforts taken to control pests and rodents, and protection
against unfavorable climatic conditions.
END OF WORK PACKAGE