ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
e. Installing Attaching Tie. Install attaching tie as follows:
(1) Cut a 30 inch length of size 6 waxed nylon thread (Item 33, Appendix D) and double thread length to
form a 15 inch length, double strand.
(2) Pass looped end of doubled thread length around centerfold of log record and form a slip loop on
outside at log record top (A, figure 2-1).
(3) Pass thread length running ends through corner attaching hole from front cover of log record (B,
figure 2-1) and insure running ends are routed over that part of thread length located along log
record centerfold (C, figure 2-1).
(4) Complete attachment tie by making a half hitch on top of slip loop made in (2) above.
(5) Thread one running end of the log record attachment tie In a tacking needle and pass tacking needle
with attached thread end through the edge binding of the applicable parachute log record/inspection
(6) Remove thread end from tacking needle and make a finished 10 Inch-long log attaching loop by
securing two thread ends together with an overhand knot.
(7) Insert log record into the pocket and secure the record within pocket using pocket flap and applicable
type flap fastener.
Figure 2-1 . Installing Attachment Tie on Parachute Log Record.