TM 10-1670-277-23&P 0025 00
28-FOOT DIAMETER CARGO EXTRACTION PARACHUTE
0025 00-1/(2 Blank)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Knife (Item 5, WP 0056 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 6, WP 0056 00)
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty (Item 21, WP 0056 00)
Sewing Machine, Medium-Duty (Item 22, WP 0056 00)
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag (Item 23, WP 0056 00)
Shears (Item 24, WP 0056 00)
Yardstick (Item 26, WP 0056 00)
Marker, Felt-Tip, Black (Item 13, WP 0065 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size FF (Item 32/33, WP 0065 00)
Webbing, Nylon, Type IV, 1-IN., OD (Item 41, WP 0065 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Cleaned (WP 0008 00).
Inspected (WP 0009 00).
Unpacked, laid flat on repair table.
WP 0012 00, WP 0013 00
Stitch and restitch (WP 0012 00, SEWING PROCEDURES) with size FF nylon thread that matches the color
of the original stitching, when possible. Lock all zig-zag stitching by overstitching at least ½-inch. Restitch
directly over the original stitch pattern; follow the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
Replace an unserviceable pocket band by fabricating a new one as follows:
1. Using a marking aid, mark canopy at each end of original pocket band.
2. Cut stitching on both ends of the original pocket band and remove pocket band from canopy skirt.
3. Cut a 75/16-inch length of 1-inch wide nylon webbing type IV, sear ends (WP 0013 00, SEARING AND
4. Position tape length in original pocket band location.
5. Using a medium-duty sewing machine and size FF nylon thread, secure each end of replacement pocket
band with a 2-inch long, ¼-inch wide row of stitching. Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
END OF WORK PACKAGE