9. SPECIAL TOOLS, TOOL KITS, JIGS, TEST, MEASUREMENT AND DIAGNOSTIC
EQUIPMENT (TMDE), AND FIXTURES REQUIRED.
Screwdriver, Flat Tip, 3/8-inch Wide Tip, NSN 5120-00-237-6985
Hammer, Ball Peen, 16oz NSN 5120-01-114-5499
Punch, Center, Hardened, #10, NSN 5120-00-197-9490
Cutter, Bolt (optional), 36-inch, NSN 5110-00-188-2524
Cutter, Rotary, Electric (optional), NSN 5130-01-014-6856
10. MODIFICATION PROCEDURES. Install D-rings
a. Installation of D-rings (Option 1).
(1) Inspect D-ring to ensure that screw pin threads are not stripped and that the synthetic locking
device is present.
(2) Cut two (2) 24-inch lengths of type II or type III nylon cord removing the core threads and lay
off to the side.
(3) Locate existing D-rings on the main lift web of the parachute harness (left and right). Rotate
the D-rings upward exposing the area immediately below the existing D-ring (Figure 1).
(4) On the right or left side, locate the area immediately below the existing D-ring and position
the replacement D-ring with the threaded portion to the inside, immediately below the existing D-
ring but above the confluence wrap. Push the D-ring on to the main lift web until completely
seated. It may be necessary to work the D-ring back and forth and up and down in the event of a