TM 10-1670-268-20&P 0002 00
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DUAL ROW AIRDROP PLATFORM
1. Can be assembled into one 18-foot length.
2. Insures efficient use of the C-17 logistic rail system and aircraft cargo space.
3. Provides a low platform height.
4. Permits assembly and disassembly by appropriate personnel without special training or special tools.
5. Requires limited maintenance support.
CAPABILITIES OF THE DUAL ROW AIRDROP PLATFORM
1. Airdrop of supplies and equipment for which there is a requirement.
2. Capable of preventing roll overs due to the use of outriggers.
3. Capable of keeping damages resulting from roller conveyor system and airdrop to a reasonably low
4. Roller pads match the logistic roller system in the C-17 Air Force cargo aircraft and associates with
Materials Handling Equipment (MHE).
5. Maximum load restraint.
6. Can be used in low-velocity parachute recovery systems.
7. Can be used on terrain of various conditions suitable for airdrop.
8. Capable of gravity extraction versus parachute extraction.
FEATURES OF THE DUAL ROW AIRDROP PLATFORM
1. A single, universal platform, suitable for a weight range of 7,500 to 14,500-pounds.
2. High reuse rate for the life of the platform.
3. Smooth, continuous surface interfaces with the C-17 cargo aircraft logistic roller systems.
4. High strength tie down rings for restraint of cargo.
5. High strength, side rail tie down clevis.
6. Gravity platform extraction.
7. Platform suspension.