ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
2-28. Anti-Inversion Net.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 13, Appendix B
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty, Zig-Zag
Shears, Item 28, Appendix B
Unpacked, lying flat on repair table.
Netting, Nylon, 3 3/4-in sq. Mesh,
18-in Width, Item 27, Appendix D
Group No 01, MAC, Appendix B,
Thread, Nylon, Type E, Item 50/51,
a. Inspection and Repair. Due to the net not bearing any weight, the objectives in making repairs to the
net are, to prevent damage to the parachute's suspension lines and lower lateral bands; to avoid
excessive accumulation of net material during repairs; and to maintain net in serviceable condition at
minimum cost. To achieve these objectives, the following guidelines are to be followed in making
inspections and repairs.
(1) A limit of two horizontal and two vertical net cords may be broken in any one net section without
repair. Trim broken cord to within 1/4 inch from where the cord crosses the horizontal or vertical
cord as shown. Only one unrepaired break per net is permitted (see figure 2-92).
(2) Broken net cords exceeding number specified in paragraph (1), above, and damaged net cords shall
be repaired as illustrated in figure 2-93.
(3) Damaged areas in the bottom cord must be repaired In accordance with A or B, figure 2-94.
(4) If damage is in a square next to a suspension line, exceeds limits or would require zig-zag stitching
to the suspension line, the netting should be cut and removed in accordance with C, figure 2-93.
Carefully cut the zig-zag stitching loose from the suspension line. If line is cut, the suspension line
must be replaced. Butt ends of vertical cord of new netting to the end of cut vertical cord on the
suspension line. Start zig-zag stitch 1/2-inch from new netting material. Stitch on suspension line
and 1/2-inch beyond end.
b. Replacement. If net section requires replacement, remove damaged area as follows:
(1) Cut vertical cords close to top cord sewn to lower lateral band.
(2) Cut horizontal cords, except for the top cord, to leave one square length plus one inch on outside of
suspension line, where possible.