ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
Figure 2-55. Packer Entering Deployment Bag Number.
m. Closing the Pack Tray. To stow the packed deployment bag In the pack tray, proceed as follows:
(1) With the right hand hold the risers In place next to the canopy release assembly. With the left hand
grasp the edge of the pack tray Slide pack tray forward approximately half way up the risers. Spread
pack tray flaps (see figure 2-56).
(2) Slip risers through riser slots in upper flap of the pack tray U-fold risers onto the pack tray (figure 2-
(3) While holding folded risers in place, grasp the static line at end of the deployment bag, and rotate
the bag onto the pack tray (figure 2-58).
(4) Remove twists from the static line and fold static line across the deployment bag so that the pack
opening loop is up and In center of bag. Fold remaining sleeve portion under upper end of the
deployment bag (figure 2-59).
Be sure that none of the webbing passes over the static line.
(5) Lay pack closing flaps over the deployment bag. Thread a 40-inch length of type I 1/4-inch cotton
webbing through the lower end flap closing loop, the static line pack opening loop, the left side flap
closing loop, the upper end flap closing loop, under the static line, and through the right side flap
closing loop (figure 2-60).